Like human being dogs are also prone to skin diseases and even skin cancer due to the harmful UV rays of the sun. The fur is the natural protection for the dogs, but it doesn’t stop harming the dog from the rays. Get the best suitable sunscreen from Pet shops in Dubai for protecting your best lad from the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Sunburns are caused due to the UVA rays whereas UVB rays cause skin ageing and even skin cancer.
Dogs more prone to Skin Disease
The dogs are more vulnerable to skin diseases caused due to the sun rays, especially during summer. Dog’s love to play outside in the sun and prolong exposure to direct sun may cause serious skin-related issues. Let’s find out who are more likely to get affected quickly: –
· Losing or less hair: – Dogs with less or small fur in the body are the more likely to get affected by the UVA and UVB rays or if your dog is losing hair due any physical issues like allergies etc are also a soft target.
· Loves to Sunbath: – If your dog loves sunbathe or spend a lot of time outside under the sun, may for playing or like guard dogs. The skin in the belly is most likely to get affected. Pet corner provides the best sunscreen to protect your beloved pet from getting any harm
· Body parts: – In the various parts of your dog’s body, there are few which are more delicate and can get easily affected like the nose, eyelids, ear, mouth and the underbelly. So it is more important to safeguard this with special attention.
Preventive measures: –
As a pet owner, it is our moral responsibility to protect the human’s best friend from any kind of harm. Let’s find out the ways to protect your dog from the harmful UV rays: –
· Sunscreen: – Shops like Pet corner in Dubai have the best sunscreen for your lovable dog. Using sunscreen for the dog is the best way to save them from the effect of the sun. It is available in both spray and lotion. These are specially made for animals as some ingredients in sunscreen like zinc oxide may cause serious health hazards.
Note: – If your dog is under the sun for a long time, reapply the sunscreen in every 4 hours especially if your dog is frequently going to water.
· Test the Sunscreen: – If it is new to your pet, do a test on a small area of skin in your dog and observe if there is any reaction or not and any kind of change in dog’s behaviour.
· Choose the correct product: – Select the right sunscreen which provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
So visit Pet shops in Dubai and find out the various other products and dog sunscreen to protect your dog. However, it is always suggested to keep your pet away from prolonged exposure to the direct sun rays